Form 26AS is an important document for tax filing. Form 26AS is an annual statement of total tax paid by you to the government every year under the section 203AA of Income Tax Act 1961. It reflects your tax credit details (TDS/ TCS, Advance Tax/ Self-assessment Tax) from multiple income sources like salary, pension,house rent and interest etc. against you PAN NUMBER.
Now, you can directly import the Form 26AS information, while e-filing Income Tax Returns. we are going to discuss the process to view and download it online.
What is Form 26AS?
- Includes info on tax deducted on your income by the deductor.
- Self-assessment tax payments.
- Details of tax collected by the collectors.
- Details of refund received by you, during this financial year.
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund.
How to View 26AS?
Being a registered PAN holder, you can view 26AS in two different ways:
- Through TRACES website (for registered users on the Income Tax e-filing Portal).
- Without registration on the Income Tax e-filing portal (through Net Banking).
View 26AS through TRACES:
- Step 1 : Visit the Income Tax e-filing Portal and click on right side corner “Registered User Log in Here”.
- Step 2 : Enter your “User ID”, “Password” and “Captcha Code”, and click on the “Login” button.
- Step 3 : Click on “My Account” and select “View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)”.
- Step 4 : Now click on the “Confirm” button.
- Step 5 : A message box will pop up on your screen. Tick the box to agree the terms and conditions and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Step 6 : Click on the page bellow side “View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)” tab to proceed further.
- Step 7 : Select the relevant “Assessment Year” and choose “View As” option as “HTML”.
- Step 8 : Click on “View / Download” option and scroll down to view Form 26AS.
Note : In case you are not registered on the Portal, read this post an follow process step by step.
Also read :
How to Download 26AS :
- Follow steps from 1 to 7 as discussed above.
- After clicking on “View / Download” button, click on “Export as PDF” to download your Form 26AS.
Note : Due to the recent changes made by the INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT, you do not need a password anymore to open your Form 26AS.
Form 26AS Format :
- Part A : Details of Tax Deducted on Source.
- Part A1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source for Form 15G/Form 15H.
- Part A2: Details of Tax Deducted at Source on sale of Immovable Property u/s194(IA) (For seller of Property).
- Part B : Details of Tax Collected Source.
- Part C : Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS / TCS).
- Part D : Details of Paid Refund.
- Part E : Details of AIR Transaction.
- Part F : Details of Tax Deducted on sale of immovable property u/s194IA (For Buyer of property).
- Part G : TDS Defaults (processing of defaults).